<>

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Here Is Where It All Started ... From the Beginning


DATE: February 28th, 1999
PLACE: La Recolletta Cemetery --> final resting place of Eva Perron
CITY: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Bubbles is Canadian, stopping in Buenos Aires for a short vacation after completing a 6 month contract with Norwegian Cruise Lines.

Arnie is Dutch, visiting Buenos Aires on business which brings him to South American & Mediterranean.

Bubbles & Arnie first met each other in a search to find the famous EVITA. From behind my sunglasses, I saw in the distance a very sunburned boy with red arms, legs & a bright red, cute, little nose. I noticed he was watching me closely so I took off my sunglasses. Then our eyes met (my dark brown found his light blue) & then the famous question that started it all "pardon senorita bla bla bla-yada yada yada" & some other unknown gibberish in Spanish which I did not really understand. Then when he realised that I spoke English he asked "do you know where I can find Eva Perron?" You see ... I had a map - otherwise, a person could wander in this place for hours, days, weeks, months or years & STILL not find Eva.

Cooperation works (the guys on seasame street were right all those years ago) because with my map & his sense of direction (which some could argue I lack) we did manage to find her. We took turns taking photos, found our way out, went shopping together to an outdoor craft market & then enjoyed the delights of Argentinean tapas with many refreshing cervesas, on one of the neighbourhood patios.

Time flies when your having fun - eating, drinking & talking! We soon discovered that 3 hours had passed & the comfortable evening temperature was setting in, along with Arnie's jetlag. We looked up at the Recolletta entrance, where we had met for the first time only hours earlier (felt like we knew each other for a lifetime), and noticed a congregation of at least 100 cats of every colour, type, size & age! It seems that the milder evening temperatures brought the cats out to frolick & search for food.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have build a very nice site

07 October, 2005 17:42  
Blogger Mink & Mart said...

Hi Lise :o)
Loved reading the story :) I didn't know exactly how the two of you met ... looking forward to the next posts!
I like the weather pixie - I may steal her haha
hugs!

Lizelle

12 October, 2005 12:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Lise!
You website looks fab! I know you have been working so hard to get this put together!
Miss you:-)
Melissa, Crown Crony

31 October, 2005 13:32  
Blogger Felix said...

Hey Lise,

very nice what you've done here. Thank you so much for helping me with the links.

See you later.
x

03 February, 2006 09:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this story! :)

I hope that you are having a great weekend, Lise! Talk to you soon!!!

Smiles,
Amers

25 February, 2006 21:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you go somewhere for Pete sake!

I pictured myself with you guys in ALMOST every shot. Thanks for more travel fantasies!

14 August, 2007 00:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home