<>

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dinner in PortView Seafood Restaurant



This restaurant was FANTASTIC! Great service followed us everywhere, even outside of the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful ALL the restaurants were in Sabah -> we tried 4 different restaurants & all were superb with excellent service (and I was not ill once - ha ha - sorry, too much information). We enjoyed this restaurant so much, that we went back a second time & have photos to share from that experience.



To get back on track, when you walk into the entrance, you will find numerous giant aquariums, one on top of the other, housing many different assortments of fresh seafood. This is also where the locals come to purchase their evening meals to take home to the family. You can select your fish from the tank & it is prepared for delivery to your table. On one side of the dining room you have a stage with traditional Mayasian dances or if you want a peaceful dinner, you have an air conditioned room away from the show.



But ... the best part is still to come. Check it out!!! We fancied a particular lobster in the tank that just happened to be the size of Arnie's arm. Don't believe ME - I probably wouldn't believe ME either! That is why we have the photos to prove it. Again, the pictures speak for themselves.



As you can see I was struggling to hold our friend - he moved & frightened me but I suppose you can't blame him. I would have done the same, had I been in his shell.



Dinner is served. This was quite an extravagant splurge for us but we figured, we are on holiday & we have the next 3 months to pay this vacation off - but it was all worth it. They grilled our lobster with plenty of garlic. It was truly a dining experience to remember. Oh ya, forgot to mention, although we had cutlery, we did use ONLY our chopsticks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home