<>

Monday, November 07, 2005

Dinner with the Wong Family

We got in touch with Leonie & agreed to meet at our hotel that evening. Leonie's father, Danny, picked us up & took us to a local hot spot for dinner where his wife & son, Veronica & Lionel, were waiting for us. We were introduced to some of the local specialties & enjoyed a most pleasant evening of sharing various stories of our lives & theirs. I fell in love with this family instantly. After dinner, Lionel drove us around all of KK to the various landmarks (although it was quite dark).


However, before saying goodbye to the entire family, everyone agreed that we would experience a different restaurant the following evening. One of their favourite restaurants where you can also order fresh seafood. We drove out of KK for approximately 45 minutes & found ourselves in a restaurant built on sticks on the water. We had fresh peel-and-eat shrimp, crab, fish & much more. It was an incredible meal with, once again, wonderful company. The Wong Family are amazing, warm & with generous hearts. They treated us to 2 fabulous dinners so we have a gift on its way for them to show our gratitude for their hospitality & kindness. Kind gestures should never go unacknowledged. Your "special" birdhouse & wooden shoes are going to mailed to you shortly.



Above is Leonie playing with her new digital camera and of course you can see the spread of fabulous seafood! I have never seen such a huge pile of shrimp on one plate which is not entirely evident at the time this photo was take - it truly was a mountain of shrimp. Deeeeliiicccous!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lise,

What an amazing site. I am finally seeing all your pictures and I enjoyed reading about your adventures. Good job! I love reading about Amsterdam..I really want to visit you one day. I am looking forward for more pictures and travel stories so keep updating. Regards and say hi to Arnold.

14 November, 2005 03:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home