NYC: Ground Zero
Ground Zero was my top priority on my first morning so I could pay my respects to all the innocent victims of 9/11.
I will never forgot the haunting images on CNN of the Twin Towers crumbling down like special effects from a Hollywood blockbuster. Below is the construction sight and the surrounding memorials.
I felt a tug on my heart cuz Christmas represents a special time for me ... a time traditionally shared with loved ones. This trip to Ground Zero was an agonising reminder that many people celebrate the holidays, year after year, without their precious fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, friends, wives and husbands on 9/11.
Along one side of the construction sight was a collection of prized photography taken on 9/11 - powerful images that captured the immensity, emotion and terror of one of the worst disasters in American history.
Above is an example of 1 image that instills the fear and shock of the moment as people race for their lives as the debris of one of the tumbling towers comes racing through the streets of Manhattan.
Above are more of these moments of recorded history.
Above is a summary of the 9/11 story, for all of us to remember ... as if we could forget such a nightmare.
Above is a small, yet special memorial which made me cry as I imaged the grief of her family & friends.
We also came across the famous wall listing the names of "The Heroes of September 11, 2001".
This American flag blowing in the wind called out to me to be photographed!
Last photo, me in front of one of the main gates, before we walked away with our thoughts.
Above is a small, yet special memorial which made me cry as I imaged the grief of her family & friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home