
Oct 10th, we landed on the island of Bora Bora for our 3-day stay in absolute heaven. Believe it or not, the above photo is at the airport. Don't ya just love the curly hair - thanks to the humidity, I looked like a French poodle. :-)

Our guidebook mentioned that the airport offers some of the most wonderful views filled with every shade of green-blue. The lagoon surrounding the airport terminal just left us breathless.

At the airport, we were warmly received by a member of the
Sofitel Bora Bora Beach Resort, who directed us to our boat for the AMAZING 30 minute journey to our hotel. We went from lagoon to lagoon, Moto to Moto till ...

We eventually pulled up to our dock - in true Polynesian style, we were treated to a traditional welcome song on a ukulele, followed by a delicious tropical drink.

This is one of the walkways between the various public areas - at night they were lit up - very exotic.

This is the famous 'infinity' pool which overlooks its sister hotel across from our lagoon on a private Motu! To be honest, I did not use this pool at all because I had the best swimming pool directly outside my balcony door :-) ... in a later picture.

This is one of the walkways that go to our side of the property - one side was for garden & beach bungalows and the other was for overwater & lagoon bungalows.

This was part of our lovely lagoon overwater bungalow - what a paradise on earth to go to sleep at night, with our patio door & windows open (A/C off - of course) so we could relax to the soothing sounds of the water as it gently swished below & around us - felt like I was sleeping on a boat (without the motion). An INCREDIBLE feeling that I will NEVER forget. Till I woke up from a dream that someone was in our room & escaped by jumping into their kayak :-) To say the least ... I freaked out Arnie with my shouts of "someone's in our room"- ha ha ha ha ... not the best way to wake up I suppose :-)

This is a shot of our bungalow from from further out - ours is the one in the middle :-)

I simply loved our balcony to the best swimming facilities EVER ... otherwise known as the lagoon - the home to many fish, corals, crustaceans and various other sea life. Every evening we would feed the fish our leftover uneaten baguettes & then the diversity of our colourful neighbours would show themselves. We do not have any snorkelling photos but have some INCREDIBLE diving photos
have a look!

Just another shot of our temporary home - the second one from the right.

We even had a baby stingray come floating gracefully along, on our last morning, to say farewell.

Sadly, it was time to go back on the boat for our return trip to the airport. :( It was heartbreaking to leave such a blissfully exquisite place behind. Mauruuru/Thank You - for your hospitality!!!
<< Home